2. Lines (BE) and (CF) are perpendicular to the same line (AD) so they are parallel to each other.
Here is a figure where points A, B and C are aligned.
a. Write a construction program for this figure.
1) Construct a segment [AC] with a length of 7 cm.
2) Place point B on the segment [AC] such that AB = 3 cm.
3) Draw the lines (d1) and (d2) perpendicular to (AC) through points A and C.
4) Place the point D on the line (d1) such that AD = 4 cm .
5) Draw the segment [DB].
6) Draw the line (d3) perpendicular to [DB] through B.
7) Place the point E which is the point of intersection of the two lines (d2) and (d3) .
a. Draw a triangle ABC such that AB = 3 cm, AC = 5 cm and .
b. Place the point M on the segment [AB] such that AM = 1 cm .
c. Through M, draw the parallel to the line (BC); it intersects the line (AC) at N.
d. From M, draw the perpendicular to the line (BC); it intersects (BC) at Q.
Through N, draw the parallel to the line (MQ); it intersects (BC) at P.
a)See in red b)c)d) see diagram (Note, do not worry about point B’ which was only there to create an angle of 100° with the protractor)
e. What can we say about the lines (MQ) and (MN)?
They are perpendicular because according to the construction (MN) is parallel to (BC) and (BC) is perpendicular to (MQ).
Moreover, any perpendicular to (BC) is perpendicular to (MN) since (BC) // (MN)
// means “parallel”.
f. What can we say about the lines (NP) and (PQ)?
Since (NP) is parallel to (MQ), we know that (PQ) is perpendicular to (MQ) and therefore perpendicular to (NP).
(NP) and (PQ) are perpendicular
g. What is the nature of the quadrilateral MNPQ ?
Since the quadrilateral MNPQ has two opposite right angles, parallel sides. It is a rectangle.
Here are some of the constructs you need to get:
In each case, make the figure described and
indicate the nature of the triangle.
a. ABC is a triangle such that .
ABC is a right triangle in C .
b. MNP is a triangle such that MN=NP and .
MNP is an isosceles triangle and right-angled in N .
c. EFG is an isosceles triangle at each of its vertices.
EFG is an equilateral triangle.
Note that the three lines (EC), (BF) and (AG) are concurrent (all three intersect at the same point).
CE= 6 cm and AC = 3 cm .
Corrected exercises on triangles and quadrilaterals in 6th grade.
After having consulted the answers to these exercises on the construction of geometric figures with triangles and quadrilaterals in the sixth grade, you can return to the exercises in the sixth grade.
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French) Español (Spanish) العربية (Arabic)
Download and print this document in PDF for free
You have the possibility to download then print this document for free «construction of geometrical figures: answers to the exercises in 6th grade in PDF.» in PDF format.
Other documents in the category corrected by
- Fractions: answer key to 5th grade math exercises in PDF.
- The literal caclulus : corrected 4th grade math exercises in PDF.
- Answer key for the maths brevet France 2017
- Arithmetic and prime factor decomposition: answer key to 3rd grade math exercises in PDF.
- Scratch: programming exercises in 5th grade.
- Scratch : corrected algorithms and programming exercises in 4th grade in PDF.
- Scratch : correction of the exercises in 3rd grade of programming.
- Answers to the mathematics exam 2021 in France
- Barycenter: answer key to senior math exercises in PDF.
- Integral calculus: answer key to senior math exercises in PDF.
Other forms similar to construction of geometrical figures: answers to the exercises in 6th grade in PDF..
- 93The answer key to the 5th grade math exercises on central symmetry. Know how to construct the symmetric of a figure using geometry materials and conduct demonstrations using the properties of central symmetry in fifth grade. Exercise 1: Exercise 2: Exercise 3: Exercise 4: Here is the symmetric of the…
- 92The answer key to the math exercises in 5th grade on the parallelogram. To construct a parallelogram using geometry equipment (ruler, compass, square and protractor). Use the properties to perform demonstrations. Exercise 1: Exercise 2: 1. Construct a parallelogram DOMI such that : DM= 7cm , and . 2. Prove…
Les dernières fiches mises à jour.
Voici les dernières ressources similaires à construction of geometrical figures: answers to the exercises in 6th grade in PDF. mis à jour sur Mathovore (des cours, exercices, des contrôles et autres), rédigées par notre équipe d'enseignants.
On Mathovore, there is 13 624 775 math lessons and exercises downloaded in PDF.