Middle school math 2018 patent subject in North America on Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
Indication of the whole subject.
All answers must be justified unless otherwise indicated.
For each question, if the work is not completed, leave a trace of the research;It will be taken into account in the grading.
EXERCISE 1 : 14 POINTS
The table below was created using a spreadsheet.
It shows the number of high-speed and ultra-high-speed Internet subscriptions between 2014 and 2016, on
fixed network, in France. (Sources: Arcep and Statistica).
1. How many very high speed Internet subscriptions, in millions, were counted for
the year 2016?
2. Verify that in 2016, there were 817,000 broadband and ultra-broadband Internet subscriptions from
more than in 2015.
3. What formula could have been entered in cell B4 and then copied to the right, to the
4. In 2015, only 5.6 percent of superfast Internet subscriptions used fiber.
How many broadband Internet subscriptions did this represent?
EXERCISE 2 : 14 POINTS
The figure below is not full size.
The following information is given:
– The triangle ADE has dimensions :
AD = 7 cm, AE = 4.2 cm and DE = 5.6 cm.
– F is the point of [AD] such that AF = 2.5 cm.
– B is the point on [AD) and C is the point on [AE)
such that: AB = AC = 9 cm.
– The line (FG) is parallel to the line (DE).
1. Make a full-scale figure.
2. Prove that ADE is a right triangle at E.
3. Calculate the length FG.
EXERCISE 3 : 15 POINTS
Two urns contain numbered balls that are indistinguishable by touch.
The diagram below represents the contents of each of the ballot boxes.
A two-digit integer is formed by randomly drawing a ball from each urn:
– the tens digit is the number of the ball from the D box;
– the number of units is the number of the ball coming from the urn U.
Example : by drawing the 1 ball from the D urn and then the 5 ball from the U urn, we form the
1. Is it more likely to form an even number than an odd number?
2. a. Without justification, indicate the prime numbers that can be formed in this experiment.
b. Show that the probability of forming a prime number is equal to .
3. Define an event whose probability of occurrence is equal to .
EXERCISE 4 : 14 POINTS
In this exercise, no justification is expected.
Simon is working on a program. Here are copies of his screen:
1. He obtains the drawing below.
a. According to the main script, what is the side length of the smallest square drawn?
b. According to the main script, what is the side length of the largest square drawn?
2. In the main script, where can we insert the instruction
add 2 to the size of the pen to get the drawing below?
3. The main script is now modified to obtain the one shown below:
Which of the following drawings do you get?
EXERCISE 5 : 6 POINTS
Gaspard works with a dynamic geometry software to build a frieze.
He constructed a triangle ABC isosceles at C (pattern 1) and then obtained the rhombus ACBD (pattern 2).
Here are the screenshots of his work.
1. Specify a transformation to complete pattern 1 to obtain pattern 2.
2. Once the 2 motif was constructed, Gaspard repeatedly applied a translation.
He thus obtains the frieze below.
Specify which translation it is.
EXERCISE 6 : 16 POINTS
Mrs. Martin wishes to build a concrete terrace in front of her bay window.
She makes the drawing below.
To facilitate the drainage of rainwater, the floor of the terrace must be sloped.
The terrace has the shape of a right prism whose base is the quadrilateral
ABCD and the height is the segment [CG].
P is the point on the segment [AD] such that BCDP is a rectangle.
1. The dABP angle should be between 1° and 1.5°.
Does Ms. Martin’s project meet this condition?
2. Mrs. Martin wishes to have the concrete necessary for the construction of her terrace delivered.
She calls on a specialized company.
Using the information in the table below, determine the amount of the
invoice issued by the company.
We remind you that any trace of research, even incomplete, can be taken into account in
EXERCISE 7 : 15 POINTS
The following three questions are independent.
1. A = 2x(x -1)-4(x -1).
Expand and reduce the expression A.
2. Show that the number -5 is a solution of the equation (2x +1)×(x -2) = 63.
3. Consider the function f defined by f (x) = -3x +1.5.
a. Which of the two graphs below represents the function f?
b. Justify your choice.
EXERCISE 8 : 6 POINTS
We consider the download window below.
If the download speed remains constant, will it take more than one minute and twenty-five seconds
for the download to complete?
Cette publication est également disponible en : Français (French) Español (Spanish) العربية (Arabic)
Download and print this document in PDF for free
You have the possibility to download then print this document for free «brevet de maths 2018 in North America - subject and answer key» in PDF format.
Other documents in the category math certificate
- Brevet Maths 2022 in France: subject and answers
- French Polynesia : maths patent 2022 with subject and answers
- Asia and Pacific: maths patent 2022 with subject and answer key
- Brevet Maths 2021 : subject and answer key of the brevet blanc de maths
- Brevet Maths 2021 : white subject for the revision of the DNB
- Brevet Maths 2021 : mock subject to revise the brevet
- Brevet de maths 2022 at foreign centers: subject and answer key
- Brevet de maths 2017 : mock subject
- Brevet de maths 2017 subject 0
- Subject of the patent of maths France 2016
Other forms similar to brevet de maths 2018 in North America - subject and answer key.
- 100Subject of the patent of maths 2017 blank where the exercises are independent from each other. Unless otherwise specified, all answers must be justified and calculations must be detailed. Classical geometry material is allowed. BREVET MATHEMATICS TEST Duration: 2 hours The use of a calculator is allowed. The use of…
Les dernières fiches mises à jour.
Voici les dernières ressources similaires à brevet de maths 2018 in North America - subject and answer key mis à jour sur Mathovore (des cours, exercices, des contrôles et autres), rédigées par notre équipe d'enseignants.
On Mathovore, there is 13 703 322 math lessons and exercises downloaded in PDF.